Old 30-01-2006, 01:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Starlord

Default Global warming?

Hay, I'm in S.Calf. and winter has ben long and cold and dry up in the high
mojave desert and only my iris are sending up any new fans, everything else
is still very much asleep.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

Persephone wrote in message ...
...or *something*!

Even in So. Calif coastal, where it's usually mild, we're not
having much winter. Garden things are happening out of season.

For example, the leaves haven't even finished falling off my Wisteria,
when a few blooms already appear.

And my Cape Jasmine is flowering up a storm, way ahead of time.

I usually prune roses late January, so went ahead and did it,
but had to remove a lot of lovely, lush new foliage.

Any other "early" stories out there?

Persephone

--

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates