Old 30-01-2006, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Best plants for Hanging Baskets?

On 30/1/06 11:02, in article
, "htmark98"
wrote:

Many thanks for the really helpful response. Shame i dont have a
greenhouse only a cold frame.

I think you might struggle a bit to get going at this time of year, then!
Our seeds are raised in a propagating house with heated benches etc. so in
that sense it's easy for the nurseryman. Do you have a local nursery that
sells small plants suitable for hanging baskets in e.g. 7cm pots? A lot of
people buy these from us at 75p each to make up their own baskets or plant
up tubs etc. But we do always warn them not to put them out until all
danger of frost is past.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk