Old 25-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Drakanthus

Default Stefan on BBC2

"Sue" wrote in message

wrote
Anyone fed up with the 'let's show anything but the plants', endless
camera trickery, and celebrity screen hogging that contemporary TV
gardening has become

Yes, yes, and yes!

Sue

Likewise! We were watching a program the other day and my other half was
muttering aloud "Come on then show us the garden and the plants!" - Split
second shots of the interesting stuff squeezed in between shots of the self
important presenters posing for the camera. Very irritating.
Why have gardening programs become so superficial? Almost no useful
practical gardening tips, just lots of posing and posturing, and everyone
rushing around trying to beat self imposed deadlines. As for ground force -
I've stopped watching that programme - what a farce - I can see why
Tichmarsh left!
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)