Old 30-01-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Best plants for Hanging Baskets?

On 30/1/06 17:00, in article
, "htmark98"
wrote:

Sorry it was those prices you quoted as i did'nt have them at hand? How
much do you charge? Also how many plugs per basket?

In a 16" basket, we'd probably put around 20 plants, depending a bit on what
they are. If you're just planting up Lotus in a greenhouse now, 3 or 4
plants would bush up to make a lovely display by summer but in a month's
time, you'd put in 5 or 6, a month later 7 or 8 and so on, to get what you
want it to look like this year.
I'm guessing at what we are charging this year for a 16" basket, planted up
by us but I reckon around £24.00 is probably about right and £20 for people
who bring back their own baskets. But while I can tell you that we charge
75p for a 7cm pot, I have to tell you that we don't do mail order, so I
can't help you with plants, I'm sorry. Because we're not in competition
mail-order-wise with other nurseries, I feel able to comment on pricing etc.
at other places, especially those some distance from us. If we *were*
competing with them, I don't think it would be right to do that.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk