Old 30-01-2006, 11:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Wild Bill

Default Global warming?

"golddog" wrote in message

Persephone Wrote:
....or *something*!

Even in So. Calif coastal, where it's usually mild, we're not
having much winter. Garden things are happening out of season.

For example, the leaves haven't even finished falling off my Wisteria,
when a few blooms already appear.

And my Cape Jasmine is flowering up a storm, way ahead of time.

I usually prune roses late January, so went ahead and did it,
but had to remove a lot of lovely, lush new foliage.

Any other "early" stories out there?

Persephone

--

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

Here in W Pa the temperature is 60 and has been exceptionally warm most
of the winter. We consider this a plus and count the days until March
when the temperatures won't go below 25. Although global warming my be
responsible for this warming trend. Global warming is a very serious
happening and is not considered important by most governments, as they
are only concerned with big business and not changing their way of
polluting. Money talks, unfortunately.

Yeah, they remind me of the ol; Ostrich...head-in-the-sand...Here in the
wilds of WA. State, several Robins showed up last Tuesday. I have never
before seen them here this early. It's usually near the end of February
before they show up!

Regards,
Bill

--