Old 30-01-2006, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Best plants for Hanging Baskets?

On 30/1/06 18:27, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On 30/1/06 10:14, in article
, "htmark98"
wrote:

Can someone recommend any good plants for hanging baskets, i would like
a diffrent range some really flowery ones and a very diffrent kinda
ones. I want to sow the seeds asap so was wondering what people
recommend?

We make up about 500 hanging baskets per year and they often win their
owners prizes.

Shouldn't *you* be getting the prize? ;-)

Well, the customer has to become responsible for it. ;-) One came in on
Sunday and said they had taken second because she hadn't watered her baskets
the night before. She promised us she'd do better this year! What is SO
nice about it is that the customers are so very appreciative. Some even
have total strangers knocking on their doors to ask where their
baskets/troughs/tubs came from - that's very gratifying for those who put
them together.

Polygonum 'Pink
Bubbles',

There was some of that in a plant I picked up from an urg meet - now I
have it as a greenhouse weed!

It does that here but I *LOVE* it! It's so generous, if that's the word -
downright promiscuous could be two others! But I do love the way it pops
up all over the place. 'We' - which does not include me - recently had a
major purge of it in the big double but I'm assured it will return and I do
hope it does.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk