Old 30-01-2006, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Need flower identification posters

On 30/1/06 21:30, in article ,
"Sue" wrote:

I can't believe the general response to this seemingly innocent posting.
There are many different ways of learning.....maybe a poster on a frequently
seen wall (or maybe the door of the loo) is not such a crazy idea.
When my son was learning plant ID's for his RHS course he put labels up all
over the house and it worked really well.

Good luck Pierrot!

I think the problem most people seem to be addressing is that posters aren't
exactly easy to carry about, unroll and hold up in windy conditions on
gardening sites or in botanic gardens etc. Books would answer his need
better and one book, such as e.g. the RHS encyclopaedia would cover most
needs for those at the start of a career in horticulture. Coming back here
with plant descriptions and locations could be another useful source,
too.....
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk