Old 26-02-2003, 08:08 AM
Mike

Default Bowling Green

In article , Alan Gould
writes
In article , Mike
writes

I would like to know are we talking one year? 3 years? 5 years before a
Wood is bowled?

I would guess 5-7 years. But that is only to bring the area up to the
condition required - after that, continuous fairly intensive maintenance
would be needed to keep the green in that condition.

Thanks Alan

I have a meeting tonight so will mention this. I did think it would be
quite some time and as the ground is in a poor state at present, then I
can see it is 'distant future' as opposed to 'starting to take
bookings'.

This is only one corner of the site and there is plenty of other work to
do, so perhaps we could get this underway ASAP and fence it in.

Thanks for your help and Ian's email as well. Yes we will need even
better than 'Putting Green' surface :-))

Mike

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.