Old 31-01-2006, 10:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Article in The Garden

Janet Baraclough wrote:

Another total fantasy. "Sustainability" in communal urban
environments was being studied, expounded and practised decades ago, in
the UK and all around the world, while you were still in school.

In urban planning we were the first one to promote it.

. Your ignorant pretensions seriously undermine the credibility of URBED.

LOL!! And what is your credibility Janet?! Your woolie underwears?! Our
office in Manchester was set up by myself and my husband. For 3 years
we ran it from our attic after the first job my husband had for our
London office in Bradford. I was then working for him part time,
pregnant with my second son, and worked for a European exchange
programme as part of the demolitions of the 60s built housing estates
which included 12 countries. We then moved to an office in our newly
built cooperative. Three years ago we moved to Manchester city centre.
We are now 16. The office in London, set up in Covent Garden in 75 will
soon be separated from us. They principaly did economic redevelopment
and research. We are designers, architects, ecologists, planners,
consultants, masterplanners and urban designers.

I don't give a fig what you think. We are an amazing couple and worked
very very very hard to achieve what we have done. We are weekly in the
press, we write lots of publications and we just love what we do. We
are a fantastic team with passionate people. We were pioneers in
sustainability within our redevelopments projects, tenants
participation came close second.

You on the other hand have achieved so little, your bitterness and
loneliness is now showing. This is the last time I respond to you
beside horticultural questions.