Old 26-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Anne Middleton/Harold Walker

Default American frost zones

Roger: Am taking a guess that you are somewhere around the Vancouver
area........one of the finest of gardening areas I have ever seen......and
have seen in many areas thru-out the world........lucky you if it be there.
HW.
Bear in mind that conditions here in the PacNW somewhat resemble
those in Britain, though we have much drier, sunnier summers,
with correspondingly wetter winters.

But zones aren't everything. I've found by sad experience that
herbaceous material from Japan performs very poorly for me. It
often rots away during the winter. The same material performs
very well in the eastern US, a zone or two colder than we are
here, but with drier winters and hotter, more humid summers.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada