Old 26-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Neil Jones

Default Germination medium to prevent damping off

Can anyone suggest a better medium to prevent damping off problems.
I have beein using coir fibre and I find that even with cheshunt
compound I am still getting problems with certain seeds going moldy.
This is particularly the case with my heated propagator.

Vermiculite or perlite are possiblities. Which is best? I am a
conservationist and I love wild plants and their habitats too so I do
not wish to use any products containing peat.

--
Neil Jones- http://www.butterflyguy.com/
butterflies?" Andrew Lees - The quotation on his memorial at Crymlyn