Old 26-02-2003, 11:18 AM
andyp

Default Germination medium to prevent damping off

I have a home built propagator and grow the following from seed marigolds,
asters, calendulars, toms, cues, beans, onions etc every year (for the past
6). I use multi-purpose peat free compost (lasted lot from Asda which was
very cheap). I mix this with my own garden soil and my own compost. I sieve
all the components in a 1/4" sieve and can honestly say I have no problems
with dampening off.

The propagator is in the green house and the lid is always ajar from about
1/2" on a cold night to about 5" in mid spring.

AndyP

--
"Wisest are they that know they do not know." Socrates
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above