Old 31-01-2006, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

Default Allotment Choice

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:02:45 GMT
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message
from "Mel" contains these words:
However, the couch grass is also
totally covering the allotment with not a single inch free of it. Both
plots are crap, actually, and I'm wondering if I should bother at all, but
I've been on the waiting list for many years and it could be many more years
before anything else becomes vacant. Decisions, decisions!

You can get rid of couch grass by excluding all light (cardboard
catrons, old wool carpet, old tarpaulins) until it dies.

yes, I've done this with cartons and clippings as per Janet's
suggestion. Worked a trick.

I'd pick the couch grass in a second.

-E
--