Old 01-02-2006, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Winter Cauliflowers

The message
from davidmaynard1 contains
these words:

Hi

Many thanks for your help. If I may just ask one other burning
question! I was reading in Dr. Hessayon's Veg Expert that you are
supposed to break a few leaves over the curd. Can I ask is this wise
and if so, which leaves should I break and how do I break them over.

Choose big leaves which will reach across the curd. Don't pull the
leaf off the stalk, leave it attached , just fold it across the widest
middle bit, like creasing a piece of paper. I usually do a leaf from
each side, then use a bit of stick threaded through them to hold them in
place.

Janet