Old 26-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Sycamore by any other name

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
In article ,
(Martin Brown) wrote:

Anyway introducing something into the UK that could decimate
Sycamore, A. pseudoplatanus, would be an event to be celebrated by
most arborialists.

Suppose it decimated something else?

As its the only tree that grows around me I would be devastated to lose the
only tree cover we have. At 200 years plus a couple of mine are very fine
trees and rival many parkland specimens of british trees. Those that are not
fine specimens are reguarly coppiced for the stick, so are still usefull.
(and yes I do have to pull up dozens of seedlings every year!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk