Old 26-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Colin Brook

Default Re-posting: - Bougainvillaea problem - blackened leaf (tips)

Hello again,

Sorry to bother again but I'm re-posting my bougainvillaea problem
because very unusually there wasn't any response to the first posting
(unusual on this newsgroup anyway) and I'm really keen to try to get
this plant back to full health if it's possible.

Any help please with the likely cause for this problem.

The bougainvillaea has been thriving; growing about 8 feet high over the
door from house to conservatory. About two or three weeks ago the tips
of the newly emerging leaves blackened (in some cases extending to the
whole leaf) and there is now no further leaf growth. All leaves are
affected.

The plant is one of three which have all thrived over the last four
years without problem. They are all in Seramis and the temperature in
the conservatory has not been below 5ºC during the winter. The other two
are doing fine with new leaf growth emerging.

I suspect over watering but the blackening is very strong and I'm not
absolutely convinced. I would appreciate any other suggestions to
consider and/or how to deal with it.

Regards, Colin
--
Colin Brook - Winchester (UK)

Tel:+44(0)1962-714030 Fax:+44(0)8701641293 Mobile:07976258703