Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM
sockiescat sockiescat is offline
Registered User

Smile

sherwindu Warren,

We have Home Depot, etc., here in the North Suburbs of Chicago, but I have never

seen 'Steer Manure', except for one nursery who carried the Tex-Mex product. I
don't know what you have in Oregon, but this stuff came from Texas where the
steers were allowed to roam on free range. It had an analysis of 5-5-5, I
believe.
Some of what I see here is only 1-1-1. There is supposed to be another company
call Botex (not sure of spelling), but that also is nowheres to be found around
here.

Sherwin

thanks everyone for your responses i am going to add mulch to these beds like i said i have never done these two main flowerbeds before. why i dont know i have done a few other areas using cedar mulch where i have mostly flowers but not these two beds i was always afraid to lol. i guess the main reason i hesitated last fall was because some sites on the net said that cedar and some other mulches affect flowering shrubs thats my main concern we used to have upright junipers and cedars. when we took those out we put in wisteria vines, silver lace vine, weigelia, burning bush, spirea, harlequin euonymous, potentilla and a few other flowering shrubs. i guess i worry to much.
thanks again for all your help i know with the insight u have all been kind enough to give me i will make the right decisions.
thanks again, sockiescat.