Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Groundhog Day

"Chuckie" wrote in message
oups.com...
It is groundhog day tommorow. This is the day when we all wait for a
gopher to pop out its hole then some expert must decide if he has seen
his shadow or not. If the gopher sees sees its shadow than there is six
more weeks to winter but if it doen't than we only have six more weeks
until spring. Thus is the nutso ritual of this mid winter holiday. Why
do we celebrate this? I haven't a clue. You can be sure of this you
will not find me next to some groundhog tomorrow.
http://www.groundhog.org/history/tradition.shtml
Have a great Groundhog day whereever you are
Chuckie in the Frozen North, Zone 5

Shoot the *******! :-)