Old 02-02-2006, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris

Default plastic compost bin & aeration

In article .com,
(Clare) wrote:

It never just magically comes out of the bottom
looking brown and crumbley as the people who make them seem to suggest
it does.

I think if you left it long enough, it would. Maybe a year?

We tried this after someone else commented how they felt the turning
of the compost was the biggest factor in how long the compost took to
mature. I can't disagree.

Yes, I empty my dalek into an old coal bunker after about 4 months.
Compost is ready in 7-9 months.

The dalek is a convenient receptacle for the first stage.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/