Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
presley

Default Global warming?

"James" wrote in message

Persephone wrote in message ...
...or *something*!

Global warming is a political issue. It's been around ever since they
talked
about a new ice age coming back in the 70s. They changed that because of
no
interest and global warming replaced it.

The "ice age" theory was never signed onto by the majority of climatologists
and earth scientists, because it didn't have sufficient data to support it.
Global warming does have sufficient data and virtually the entire
climatology scientific community agrees that is is real. To pretend
otherwise reminds me of the current debate about evolution in the US, in
which the fundamentalists who favor creationism pretend that there are equal
numbers of reputable scientists on both sides of the question. But, if you
prefer to bury your head in the sand out of some interesting notion that
denial is healthy, please be my guest.......