Old 02-02-2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.arts.bonsai
Jim Lewis

Default How much light is enough?

Beano wrote:
Well no replies, but for info of others who might be asking this Q, the
leaves turned brown and and dried up - until I put it outside... Now
it's coming back with nice new green leaves.

Just FYI . . . You got a few replies, but you just
couldn't see them.

The newsgroup rec.arts.bonsai has been linked to
the IBC mailing list for nearly 15 years now.

That means (or meant) that messages posted to
r.a.b. also went to the mailing list, and messages
posted to the mailing list went to r.a.b.

Well, that link is broken for some reason. R.a.b.
messages still go to the mailing list, but any
those just don't get back to you. Likewise,
anything that starts on the mailing list doesn't
seem to mame it over here -- or at least not very
often.

The manager of the mailing list has been trying to
resolve the issue, but the folks who supply the
link between the two don't seem to be very responsive.

Hopefully . . .

The answer to your question (again) is "as much as
possible." An indoor tree needs at least 13 hours
of light from a fluorescent lamp a few inches from
the tree. Fifteen or 16 hours would be even better.

Sorry about the lack of a response.

Jim Lewis - Columbus, NC - -
This economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the
environment. - Gaylord Nelson