Old 26-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Chris Stewart

Default any hope for my fushias?

"Annabel" wrote in message

"nicky" wrote in message
My fuchsias (Annabel) were still in bloom around Christmas and were

doing
really well. Alas the snow we had last month has resulted in them

being no
more than a few very sad looking dried out twigs. I have pruned them

back to
about 3 inches above the ground..is there any hope? Will they come

back to
life in the Spring?

Nicky

When planting fuchsias it is often recommended to plant them deep, I
plant c4", this helps when they need to grow from the base. IIRC
generally fuchsias that grow from the base are hardy, the rest are not.

Bell

Hi,
I have had the same fuschia plants grown outside (in Aberdeen) in pots evey
year for about 6 years now - every spring I wonder whether to throw them out
as they look like a collection of dead twigs, but every year they surprise
me, and providing you keep potting them on and feeding them seem to do well.
Sorry I can't tell you the type, but they're handsome!
Chris