Old 02-02-2006, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PigPOg

Default New lawn

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 01:34:36 -0000, "Sue"
wrote:

"PigPOg" wrote
snip
I'm truly a novice at this so please excuse my ignorance.

I've had my garden landscaped recently with a new circular lawn. It
looks fantastic. What I'm after is recommendations for a book(s) or
online resources that can tell me how to maintain the lawn and to
advise on the type of lawnmower I should purchase. snip

There is a series of inexpensive, illustrated paperbacks by D G Hessayon
that are useful starting points for beginners. It includes one called 'The
Lawn Expert' and you'll find others about shrubs, bulbs, flowers etc.
They're often sold in larger garden centres as well as book shops.

Try your local library as well. They should have a range of gardening books
that will be helpful and you can see which ones might be the most use
before you shell out lots of dosh for anything expensive.

Thanks for the help Sue. I'll look out for the Lawn Expert and try the
library as you suggest.

Bye,
Simon