Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Chafer grubs?? Help please!!

Chris wrote:
Our front lawn has been under attack from crows, they have been rooting up
the turf, down to bare soil. I assumed it was "just one of those things"
until it has become very noticeable indeed. A knowledgeable neighbor has
said the previous owners of our property, out in the sticks here in north
Shropshire, had a problem in the 1970's with a Chafer grub infestation

(snip)

How funny - I found a few leatherjackets grubs last week end whilst
planting trees. Well, not funny really. The birds are your friends
there. However I was told the bestest results are nematodes that you
water in, simply callled Chafer Grub Killers. I've never used it. I
don't have lawn ... Good luck.