Old 02-02-2006, 03:37 PM posted to rec.gardens
Stan Stansbury

Default opinions wanted

Timothy wrote:
Could you good folks look at my page and let me know what you think? I've
re-built the !@#$%^& thing 3 times now. Internet explorer is just horrible
are rendering css and well, my style was a bit lacking.

I'm interested in if the navigation works well for people and more
importantly if the navigation is logical and easy to follow. Any and all
suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Morning, Timothy,

I'm on Windows XP and Firefox 1.5 and it works fine. Good job.

Yes, IE is non-compliant with standards, and a pain in the butt to write
for. One way around it is to put a note on your site like: "This site is
optimized for standards compliant browsers like Firefox or Opera", and a
link to the download pages. That way people understand what's happening
and you don't have to kill yourself making IE work.

A few comments because I'm a professional tech writer, and just can't
help myself:
1. On your header "links" is lowercase and all the others are initial
capped.
2. On the Home, Information, and Photos pages you've got please Contact
Us... those should be lower case like on the links page.
3. The explanation blurb on the links page seem long and mostly
unnecessary I think. We can see that they're links, and the name of the
page is links, so it doesn't seem to me that you really need to tell us
what they are.
4. I would use a sans serif typeface because I think they're easier to
read online and because people are just used to seeing them.

HTH

Stan Stansbury