Old 02-02-2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Default opinions wanted

"Stan Stansbury" wrote in message
m...

Yes, IE is non-compliant with standards, and a pain in the butt to
write for. One way around it is to put a note on your site like:
"This site is optimized for standards compliant browsers like
Firefox or Opera", and a link to the download pages. That way people
understand what's happening and you don't have to kill yourself
making IE work.

So, you think 80% of the people coming to that site will download a
different reader? You have to be kidding. There are millions of
websites and most of those millions can be viewed with all but the
very oldest readers.

For those of you that says it looks great on your computer, I can keep
changing mine to get it to look ok, BUT if I went to a commercial site
that required that - lost customer!!

Tom J