Old 02-02-2006, 07:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J

Default opinions wanted

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
Tom... WTH are you talking about? There are _no_ font-size
declarations
anywhere in the site. The fonts are 100% their size and render as
such.

That's the reason you need help. You are using default fonts and sizes
and they don't fit all. Did you even look at it by clicking on View at
the top and then change the size of the font. In case you don't know,
a large % of veiwers do just that. Now as for it validating, sure if
all the html is correct it will validate, but that sure as heck don't
make it work when viewed by a different setting than what it was
designed with. None of my pages validate and I don't care, because,
I'm more interested in everyone that goes to the sites see what they
came for. I WILL NOT post sites here because they are not related to
this group, & this is my last comment on this thread because it is no
longer related - if it ever was!

Tom J

The widest of pages on the the site are no bigger than 800px. The
site
holds it's shape at 150% in opera on my 2 machines. I tested the
page on 2
local machines, 1 box is a linux machine running a 1024 X 768 and #2
is a
winders laptop that is a 640 X 480. To top it all off I used :

http://www.anybrowser.com/ScreenSizeTest.html

I tested it on every size screen they offer. All hold their shape.
You
state that theres sooo much wrong with the site but...
1 It fully validates as html 4.01 strict.
2 The css is fully compliant.
3 The site holds it's shape at 150% on 2 different screen sizes.

So you seem to be able to talk the talk, so post a few links to YouR
sites
and lets see if you can walk the walk. Btw, still think those nntp's
posted are bunk..? Or did you figure out how to configure your
newsreader?

--
http://resources.ywgc.com