Old 26-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Monkey puzzle tree

In article ,
David Worth wrote:
In article , sw
writes
What is a good situation to plant a monkey puzzle tree?. Might one survive
ok on a level windy site, which is not a seaside location?. Also, what
shrubs might suit such a site?

We've got one in our front garden at Princetown in Devon and it's about
80 years old. Middle of Dartmoor, height 1250 ft. above sea level,
average rainfall about 90+ in. a year, and windy as buggery. If they
survive here I suspect they'll survive pretty well anywhere.

Hmm. Clearly chosen so that your, er, guests couldn't escape by
climbing it?

Well, if it will grow there, my books are a little negative about
its dislike of very strong winds!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679