Old 26-02-2003, 07:14 PM
Peter James

Default Bowling Green

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:50:45 +0000, Mike
wrote:

Hardly a uk.rec.GARDENING question, but there are some very
knowledgeable people here who I hope will give me an idea on how long,
from scratch, it would take to prepare a piece of land to be able to
play Bowls on it.

Anyone any accurate idea?

Mike

I would strongly advise anyone thinking of creating a bowling green
from scratch to become a member of the Sports Turf Research Institute.
www.stri.co.uk They are the experts and will provide skilled and
precise advice. I was a member of a rather run down bowling green,
and with the advice of the STRI after about two years we had a green
to be proud of.

-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply