Old 02-02-2006, 08:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Vendor for Show in October - Suggestions

Sue: I can't help with your immediate need. But for longer-term
consideration, I suggest re-visiting that rotation policy.

Growers need to get their show schedules set as early and as firmly as
possible. So given a choice between a "1-time shot" and a venue where we
can expect to be invited back year after year (assuming, of course, good
performance on our part), which one do you think we'll take?

Most societies can find _someone_ to fill the spaces. But the quality
growers can afford to pick and choose the shows they want to do [and smart
enough to bring new and different product, rather than more of what they
sold the last time]. Kenni

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
The show chair asked me if I could suggest a vendor willing to travel
to Denver for the fall show. We hold it the second Sat. in October.
We have a policy to rotate vendors. So we need a new good vendor whose
stock is Cat/Phal type. Oak Hill, Piping Rock and Hoosier are the
other vendors at the show. Or maybe there is someone you think
complements those three.

Any suggestions? Someone who has been popular, has good plants, is
reliable and does not mind traveling to a local show? We have had one
vendor (nameless) who canceled at the last moment twice.

SuE