Old 02-02-2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Award Slides

Rob -- you've piqued my curiosity (dangerous G).

I can't imagine that this a common occurrence, but please do let me know if
I'm wrong about that. Either way, assume: John Smith and I both get awards
on seedlings of C. A x B. Both of us try hard, but can't find the
hybridizer, and therefore submit our registrations O/U, but Mr. Smith's
papers get there before mine. I would agree that his grex name should take
precedence, but what happens to the award on my "clone"??? I assume but do
not know for sure that RHS would send my registration papers back "rejected"
(hopefully with specifics on the name that got ahead of me ...) If not, how
do I find out? [And yes, I know that's mostly an RHS problem, but it's AOS
that makes my award provisional till I square it with RHS, so I figure AOS
has stuck its foot in it G.]

Kenni

And if it is already in progress (somebody submitted the paperwork a week
before you do), it gets more complicated.