Old 02-02-2006, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

Default accessing urg through outlook express

In article ,
jay jay wrote:

up till now I've been happily accessing URG through Garden Banter, great
for me, so I thought, but thanks to helpful advice on another thread I'm
beginning to realise I would be better off accessing through a
newsreader (newsgroup?).

Yes.

And please, the simplest piece of advice would probably be really helpful)

Well, I am currently using trn in rn mode, and that is perhaps the
simplest form of access still possible (msg being essentially dead).
That is the simplest advice, but is not helpful :-)

I am a Microsoft-free zone, so can't help with that software, but I
can tell you that turning a newsgroup into Emails is a Bad Idea.
I have been inflicted with mailing lists that reflect newsgroups
before, and they are a pain in the arse. You need to use something
that treats a newsgroup as a newsgroup, not as a mailing list.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.