Old 02-02-2006, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default accessing urg through outlook express

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
I am a Microsoft-free zone, so can't help with that software, but I
can tell you that turning a newsgroup into Emails is a Bad Idea.
I have been inflicted with mailing lists that reflect newsgroups
before, and they are a pain in the arse. You need to use something
that treats a newsgroup as a newsgroup, not as a mailing list.

Agree about mailing lists - they are a pain.

I think in this instance it's more that jay jay is unfamiliar with the
terminology and getting his posts and emails confused. OE does download
newsgroup posts as separate items, with options in the settings to have
them show as threaded or not, and threads automatically expanded or not, as
required.

Hang on in there jay, it's not as complicated as it sounds!

--
Sue