Old 03-02-2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Global warming?

"golddog" wrote in message

James Wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "James"
contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough"
wrote in message

Then you're misinformed. The Kyoto agreement happened 1997-99,
30
years AFTER Britain converted to natural gas. Our undersea gas
fields
are now declining. Next year we'll become a net importer of natural
gas
:-(, so that's another unsustainable, expensive, limited energy
source
which we need to reduce dependence on (like coal before it, and oil
currently). Especially after what just happened in Georgia.

The conversion occurred in the early 90s.

Wrong again

Britain's conversion to natural gas began in 68 and was completed
by
1977.

http://tinyurl.com/9ztey

Janet (Scotland, UK)

We must be talking about two different things. Your link mentions
switching
from "town gas" to natural gas in homes. I have been talking about
switching
from coal fired electrical plants to gas powered electrical plants.

http://tinyurl.com/brdum

Does anyone else find this thread confusing with replies all over the
place? Must be a better way.

--
golddog

Doesn't your news reader show the messages in a hierarchal fashion?