Old 03-02-2006, 05:57 PM
jay jay jay jay is offline
Registered User

Location: south west france

[quote=Rupert]"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
...[color=blue]
Sacha wrote:[color=green]
On 3/2/06 11:01, in article
, "Phil L"
wrote:
[color=darkred]
jay jay wrote:
up till now I've been happily accessing URG through Garden Banter,
great for me, so I thought, but thanks to helpful advice on another
thread I'm beginning to realise I would be better off accessing
through a newsreader (newsgroup?).

I have set up what I thought was the right access to URG through
Outlook Express but all I get are loads of emails with no means of
following a thread. It seems I might not have the right set up. (I
would prefer to use Outlook Express rather than anything else) Would
really appreciate some advice as to what I should do? (Apologies
for not explaining myself very well - And please, the simplest
piece of advice would probably be really helpful)

jay jay

Many thanks everyone for your replies, I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it (only took about an hour!!) I can now see the threads and am determined to hang in there. I didn't know about Outlook Express being unsecure (or is that just for the newsgroups?) but we do have very good protection so I think I'm okay there. I haven't quite got the hang of sending a reply yet - (hopeless I know!) so here I am still using Gardenbanter but I know, can do better and will do!! (BTW, I'm a she!) Many thanks again, will make make every effort so my next post is my debut as an urgler.

jay jay