Old 03-02-2006, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Global warming?

"James" wrote in message

"presley" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
The "new ice age" story was a trial balloon. If it had gotten any
traction,
the data would have come. That's why there were never any real

scientific
papers issued on it.

Hmmm. Quite an interesting opinion you have of scientists. To bring this
back to rec.gardens, I suppose you believe that if gardeners in the
arctic
want to grow palms out of doors, or if gardeners in the tropics want to

grow
delphiniums as perennials, scientists will leap out of the woodwork to

prove
that it can easily be done, just because there are people who desire
those
results? Why don't we posit those two theories as "trial balloons" and
see
how much "traction" they get?

I admit my opinion on scientists have become somewhat cynical over the
past
few years over the global warming thing. I believe it is an environmental
agenda and the environmental movement has become less about environmnet
and
more about power. They have their own indentured scientists to lend
credence
to the theory. Former environmentalists have left the orgs because of it.

I also admit the topic got a little out of hand. Especially with the mixup
that Janet and I had about gas conversion.

As to trial balloons over what will grow where, knock yourself out. I'll
leave that to others.

"Agenda" has become the latest obscenity. People think the
director/producers of the movie "Brokeback Mountain" had an agenda. OK. The
owner of my favorite pizza place has an agenda. I have an agenda. You have
an agenda.