Old 04-02-2006, 01:19 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan jjspond

Default when to start feeding koi

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:55:53 -0500, "Pawel" wrote:

I stopped feeding my koi in a small pond in Connecticut and only watched the
pond to keep it from freezing completely, recently i noticed fish are awake
and swimming briskly around, shall i feed them no or wait for spring?

Keep in mind, you are feeding the filter not fish. Is your filter running,
are the bacteria active? If yours is like most ponds, there is probably
enough green algae to keep them happy. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a