Old 03-02-2006, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default accessing urg through outlook express

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Tumbleweed wrote:
"jay jay" wrote in message

[...]
again, will make make every effort so my next post is my debut as
an urgler.

It used to be insecure but its feeling much better now :-)

Not sure why your original text has '' at the front of it though,
(now changed to by me replying).

Had she perhaps edited a previous bit? Or am I being dense?

In order to reply, click on 'reply group'.

OE will put your cursor at the top, (IMHO the one *really**
irritating thing about it). Move it down to under the text you are
replying to, snipping any irrelevant stuff, then click on 'send'.

Cursor at the top suits my style better than at the bottom, as I can run
down snipping out bits. "Different strokes..."

(If you reply at the top a small religious war will break out with you
accused of top posting :-)

Certainly will! Remember dear old Franz's uncompromising attitude on the
subject?

*yeah yeah I'll get round to installing OE quote fix one day

I wouldn't be without QF, but I'm afraid it puts the cursor at the top
too! (The default position may be configurable: I haven't looked.)

Go on, click it now:
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/
you know you want to!

--
Mike.

Mike that's all very good stuff but Outlook is an email client. Outlook has
no built in integration with newsgroups. It would be bloody hard work using
the feature to which you have linked, to make a reply to a newsgroup
message.