Old 26-02-2003, 07:11 PM
Alan Holmes

Default American frost zones

"Anne Middleton/Harold Walker" wrote in message
Roger.......I find it difficult to talk meaningful "stuff" with many an
English gardener......their way or no way.....just like a visitor to my
place a couple of years ago that told me I knew nothing about cutting
grass.....he wanted to cut mine as short as he cuts his in the

UK......could
I get him to understand our reasons for keeping the grass a minimum height
of between 2 1/2 to 3 inches.....not on your life......hec, if I cut mine

English heights it would be burnt brown before the end of June unless I
poured about an inch of water per day on it.....his final answer was that
American grass must differ from English grass.......what

rubbish........HW..

I wish I could get that fact over to my son-in-law who is living in the
Boston area.
He complains that the grass keeps dying, but when I pointed out to him that
it
may be because he cuts it flush with the ground, he refused to consider
that.

Alan