Old 04-02-2006, 02:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
TQ

Default If I planted blueberry, raspberry, and blackberries right now, when should I expect?

"bate181" wrote in message

if i planted the stems right now, when should i expect them to bear
fruit?

btw, im not sure which zone im in. los angeles county if that helps
ehhh

I planted my raspberry canes back in the spring of '95 and it took several
yrs for a decent patch to develop. Three of the five canes died and were
replaced by the seed company the following yr. After a couple yrs treading
water in their original location, they jumped into the adjoining bed and
have been happy ever since.

You can reasonably expect low production in the first couple yrs with better
results later on. One thing you have going for you; the plants don/t need
no fancy soil. The best thing you can do for them is to remove the old
canes.

YMMV.