Old 04-02-2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Global warming?

"Wolf Kirchmeir" wrote in message

wrote:
the first people on usenet were scientists and email was
linear,
not packaged like it is now, further messages were THREADED
like
it is now so we KNOW what the topic of the message is as we
scroll thru. I know cause I was there at the start. we didnt
all
have puters at home and it would sometimes take days before
we
got an answer to an email so it was pretty easy to forget
what
the person was talking about. everyone is using readers that
THREAD messages, that is line up
the posts with the OP first and then replies as they come in,
right? the problem of bottom posting is the nesting
sequence....................

[snip]

The problem is the mix of top and bottom posting, the
inconsistent
and/or careless snipping, etc.

NB that I snipped the rest of your post, which consisted of
previous
posts that are more or less irrelevant to my answer to your
comment.

There are newsreaders that will display threads in a tree when
display threads. I don't know about Outlook, since I've never
used
it.
HTH

Outlook does not do newsgroups.