Old 05-02-2006, 12:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Growing apples from cuttings?

I've got round to asking a chap down the road if I can have some
cuttings from his cooker (not gas or eclectic...) and I take them
tomorrow. It's a very old tree, and the apples are *VAST* - around the
size of a Charles Ross, but the wrong shape for that apple.

Also, am taking cuttings from a rootstock tree - so:

Anyone tried this? (I haven't a tree I can graft or bud onto)

Do they take better from old wood, or last year's growth?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig