Old 05-02-2006, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Propagating Echium Pinninana from seed

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 5/2/06 10:11, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Dave Poole contains these words:

OTOH, some other echium (seed brought ftom Madeira in nameless
envelope) has already survived two winters planted out in my garden
(drier and sunnier spot), and look as if they might flower this year.
It's definitely not pininana though.

Try a Google image search on E. wildpretii that David mentions and also E.
fastuosum. The latter is a lovely plant, holding its flowers rather like a
candelabra. Here's one called Pride of Madeira!
http://tinyurl.com/acug3
And there's a good pic of E. wildpretii on this site:
http://www.justplants.co.uk/Main%20Page7.htm

I'm hoping it's Po M, the foliage looks similar, but won't be able to
identify by flower, er, until they flower :-) Thanks for that
justplants link btw..I've bookmarked it for further exploration later.

Janet