Old 05-02-2006, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

Default Look for a plant that will grow quick

"Me" wrote in message
Hi there.

For a science experiment I am doing with a child, I am looking for a seed
that once planted will sprout and grow quickly such that height
measurements can be taken. The time frame that I am looking at is 7-9
days. Does anybody know of a suitable seed that we can use? You help is
much appreciated.

Salad cress is ready to eat within a week, is that quick enough? You may
also want to try some of the bean sprouts, like alfalfa, mung beans etc.

Steve