Old 05-02-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Hollyhocks - Clay Soil and Rust Resistance

Rupert wrote:

I think that is now a bit irrelevant and I don't know anyway.
You said Crocus.com sell Hollyhocks which do well on a heavy clay soil.
I have grown some sort of hollyhocks on a clay soil and far as I know the
cultural requirements of both the types we have talked about are the same.
SRH has had no success with either type on a heavy clay soil.

At least we both now know they are annuals, biennials and perennials;-)
Perhaps we should ask "Ollie's Mum" what sort of clay soil she has.

Ok.