Old 05-02-2006, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default How old is this tree

Nick Maclaren wrote:

LOL

One does, indeed, wonder as to the sort of neighbours that La Puce
has.

All sorts really.

Rupert said his neighbours were throwing guesses at the age of the
tree. I would listen to my neighbours for one is 81 years old and he
has lived in my street all his life, the others opposite have been
there 43 years. So yes, I'd ask my neighbours if they know or remember
when the tree was 1. planted, 2. there when they first moved in, 3. if
perhaps one knows how to give the age of the tree by looking at the
branche, 4. I'd get a map of the local area to see which trees were
planted where and when and finally, trees grow slowly or quicker
depending of climate.