Old 05-02-2006, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default A return to Gardening stuff.

The message
from Richard Brooks contains these words:

Seriously, has anyone had plumbing done to re-route the waste water from
having a shower? In the old days of lemon thins and broken biscuits for
teatime at 5 o'Clock, there was a campaign for draining the water out of
a bath using a saucepan to water their plants and indeed some people did
take this up but most of those people must be dead by now.

We're in a more sustained state of reduced water so I'd have thought
there was more of a concerted effort to save waste water for using on
gardens ?

During the summer I use most of the (nourishing) bathwater on the grape
vines and the fig - all three cunningly situated within easy siphoning
distance of the bath.

In the winter I use bathwater and a plastic bucket for flushing the pan.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig