Old 05-02-2006, 09:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Growing apples from cuttings?

Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains
these words:

[...]
Having said the above there is a West Country costard that
roots readily from any wood and actually produces aerial roots on
lower branches and fruits the next year from large cuttings.

Hmmm.

Want!

Me too! Brian, don't leave us in suspense.

I don't find Charles Ross a 'Vast' apple~~ some can be twice the
size but non-commercial.

Well, the two Charles Ross trees we had in the garden when I was an
anklebiter had apples which were up to six inches across. These
cookers
are almost as large and on a very old and neglected tree.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/...en/apples4.jpg
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/...en/apples1.jpg

Those are by no means the largest specimens.

Ugly buggers. Hope they taste good.

--
Mike.