Old 06-02-2006, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Charles Quinn

Default How to convert grass to garden

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in
:

I have a nice patch of grass in my back yard I want to convert to
garden. What are some good ways to get rid of the grass - kill it,
turn it under, etc. ?

Digging is rough. You could use boiling water. Cook some potatoes for
mashed. Take the hot water and put it in a watering can and water
sections of the grass. Steam some green beans or carrots for dinner, use
that hot water too. Over a few weeks you can probably kill large sections
of the grass for a nice small garden. A large garden you could rent a
rototiller.

--
---
Charles Quinn

"Choosing the lesser of two evils, is still choosing evil" - Jerry Garcia