Old 06-02-2006, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

Default Big Momma has another spike!

J Fortuna wrote:
Big Momma is my nickname for the bigger of the two plants that I received
from rgo friends as a gift on the occasion of baby Robert's birth. It's
official name is Phal Carmela's Brite Lites 'Big City' x Kenneth Wong
'Carmela'.

Anyway, I just noticed that it has started another spike! So now it has 2
basal keikis, one spike with 5 branches and buds that are getting bigger in
the meantime, and another spike that has just started but that is definitely
a spike.

Yay!

Joanna

P.S.: By the way, Robert once already really wanted to hit an orchid flower
with his arm while I was holding him and watering the orchids, and he was
frustrated that it was not quite within his reach. So I can already tell he
is going to be a menace to the orchids some day. :-)

Good for him! (...and good luck to you.) ;-)

Steve